We all desire things to happen in our lives and that’s the first step toward becoming wealthy. Edwin C. Barnes began his first step to riches when he got off that freight train in Orange, NJ because he had the thought of a king. What is your thought process?
Barnes’ mind started working the minute he stepped off the train and started walking toward Thomas A. Edison’s office. He saw himself being in front of Mr. Edison and asking him for an opportunity to become his associate, which was Barnes’ burning desire? This desire was not a hope or a wish; it was a keen, pulsating desire that transcended everything else in Barnes’ life; it was definite.
A few years after Barnes first walked into Mr. Edison’s office, he was standing there again but what for… Barnes’ desire of being Edison’s assistant had become a reality. His dominating dream had become a reality. How did Barnes succeed? Barnes chose a definite goal and he placed all his energy, his will power, all his effort, and everything he had to reach the goal.
Barnes won his goal because he wanted to be Edison’s business associate so bad, that’s all that mattered. He created a plan to which he is able to attain that purpose. The plan was to burn all bridges behind him and Barnes stood by that desire until it became dominating obsession of his life and finally it became a fact and a reality.
Every person who wants to win must be willing to burn all sources of retreat that could stop them from winning. They are only able to do this by having and maintaining a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN, essential to success mindset. When people reaches the age to understand the purpose of money, they wish for it. Wishing for money will make you wealthy, but having a state of mind to desire wealth will become an obsession and then you can begin to plan definite ways to acquire wealth, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches. Fix your desire you want by using these six steps:
- Be definite as to the goal or amount you want.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money that you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before going to sleep and in the morning. AS YOU READ, SEE, FEEL, AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.
The people who are money consciousness will accumulate great riches. Being money consciousness means that the mind has become so thoroughly saturated with desire for money, that a person can see they are already in possession of it.
A BURNING DESIRE TO BE, AND TO DO is a starting point from which the dreamer must be able to take off. Dreams are not born of indifference, laziness, or lack of ambition.
What is your burning desire and are you going after it?